I am an experienced digital marketer that has worked in technology and music. I'm looking for opportunities to develop creative marketing strategies and campaigns.
I am experienced in inbound marketing, social media, content management, video editing, and blogging. I am also trained in the Harvard Program on Negotiation (PON) Method.
Specialties: Content Management, Marketing, Blogging, Social Media, Supply Chain Management, Music Business
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Slideshare, Tweetdeck, Tumblr, Instagram
Marketing and Content Management
Hubspot, Typepad, Wordpress, Squarespace, CMS systems, MailChimp, Perfect Audience, Google Analytics, Alexa, Amazon Marketing Services (AMS)
Final Cut Pro X, YouTube, iMovie
Topspin, Mediabase, Mobile Roadie
Project Management Technology
Basecamp, Pivotal Tracker, Wrike
Microsoft Office, Keynote, Google docs
Marketing Coordinator May 2016 - present
Social Media & PR Coordinator Nov 2013 - Jan 2016
• Developed and executed a social media strategy leading to an increase of 18% in Facebook likes, 89% in Twitter followers, and 140% in LinkedIn followers
• Established the company as a thought leader on enterprise mobility, user experience and mobile application development
• Wrote content for the website, case studies, webinars, eBooks, white papers, and other sales collateral to promote the company’s knowledge and experience with designing and developing mobile solutions
• Grew company website traffic from an average of 5,000 visitors a month to 10,000 visitors
• Created a blog post that consistently ranks in the top pages of Google search for UX Research
• Featured on LinkedIn Pulse’s technology section for a post on Google I/O that reached over 3,400 views
• Consistently featured on Oilpro, an oil and gas professional networking site, with 500,000+ professionals, 6.9 million monthly page views, and 1.4 million monthly unique visitors
Digital Marketing Intern Jun 2013 - Aug 2013
• Wrote engaging online content for client social media pages and kept the website up-to-date
• Created email newsletters for music venues and surveys for clients to measure customer satisfaction
Graduate Assistant Aug 2012 - Aug 2013
• Managed Massey social media pages and increased Facebook likes by 29% and Twitter followers by 134%
• Researched social media tactics to improve pages
Music Think Tank
Community Manager Sep 2010 - Aug 2013
Music Think Tank (MTT) is a group blog bringing together key thinkers in the realm of online music business.
• Drove traffic from Hypebot.com to Music Think Tank by finding and highlighting relevant and insightful content
• Increased monthly sessions on Music Think Tank from 44,020 to 117,483
• Managed website by editing posts, writing summaries, approving user comments, and tagging website posts
• Started as an intern and progressed to the Community Manager position
Contributor Sep 2010 - Aug 2013
Hypebot.com is a leading music industry and technology news blog. Founded in 2005, its daily readership has since grown to include over 10,000 music industry professionals.
• Wrote posts about the music industry
Big Machine Records/ The Valory Music Co./ Super 98 Music
Marketing Intern Jan 2013 - Apr 2013
The Big Machine Label Group is a country music label group based in Nashville, TN and home to artists such as Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, The Band Perry, Florida Georgia Line, and others.
• Corresponded with fans on Big Machine social media pages and via email
• Updated tour dates on the company website and mobile app
• Provided general assistance to Sales, Marketing and Interactive Department
Music World Entertainment
Digital Marketing Coordinator Aug 2011 - Aug 2012
Music World is one of the most successful labels and management companies in the world with over 200 million records sold to date including releases by Destiny's Child, Beyoncé, Solange Knowles and Michelle Williams.
• Managed, edited, and created content to be put on media outlets, social media, and YouTube
• Oversaw the Music World website and social media pages for artists
• Researched and created monthly reports on digital trends and projects, prepared press kits, and sent email blasts through Topspin
• Utilized new technology to engage with fans and set up a Ustream that reached over 5,000 viewers - the highest viewing audience the company has had
• Submitted music to streaming sites and online Internet radio outlets such as Pandora
Evan's Wedding Ensemble
Cellist Dec 2008 - Oct 2011
Began in December 2008 and composed of students from College Station, Evan's Wedding Quartet has over 30 years combined experience playing classical music. We are available for all types of gatherings such as weddings, conferences, church services, banquets, and parties.
• Provided music during weddings, receptions, building openings, conferences, banquets
Music World Entertainment
Marketing and Distribution Intern Jun 2011 - Aug 2011
• Updated music licensing database
• Developed marketing plans for new album release and company, researched brand, prepared press kits
• Learned Nielsen SoundScan, managed inventory, performed data entry
• Promoted company and artists at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans by assisting in setting up and running the booth and engaging with attendees
The Recording Academy
Grammy U Rep - Texas A&M University 2009 - 2010
Celebrating music through the GRAMMY® Awards for more than 50 years, The Recording Academy is the premier organization for honoring achievements in the recording arts, and supporting the music community. Each year, Voting members decide who receives a GRAMMY, the most prestigious and respected award in music.
• Student liaison for Texas A&M University
• Volunteered at numerous music industry events
• Promoted Grammy U and The Recording Academy during SXSW with the Grammy U Tweet Team
Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO)
Intern - Stakeholder Affairs Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) is a major public transportation agency based in Houston, TX. It operates bus, light rail, future commuter rail, and paratransit service (under the name METROLift) in the city as well as most of Harris County.
• Helped develop Community Outreach Capital Expenditure Budget of $28 million for FY2009-FY2014
• Assisted in development and planning of METRO Solutions' Youth Mobility Council
• Reviewed and provided input for the METRO Solutions Website
• Put together a list of instructions for the newly developed METRO Intranet Shared Point Team Website
• Represented the Manager for Stakeholder Affairs at various internal METRO meetings
Natalie is hands-down the top social media expert we've ever hired as a graduate assistant here in the Massey Graduate School of Business. After entering our Accelerated MBA program in fall 2012, she quickly emerged as a highly-motivated and self-disciplined member of our stakeholder engagement team and made a significant impact for us through the creative use of a variety of social media tools (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo, etc.). I know that she impressed several of her marketing professors with what she brought to the graduate classroom. Furthermore, she proved to be invaluable to her course-based problem-solving teams as they tackled case assignments and solutions for real-world clients through the MBA curriculum. Natalie will make a fast and measurable positive impact on the right firm that is seeking to either build a social media platform from the ground up or take its existing programs to the next level. I highly recommend her!
— Joe Alexander
Website and Content Management
Blogging and Editing
Belmont University - Jack C. Massey Graduate School of Business
Master of Business Administration (MBA) 2012 - 2013
Activities: Belmont Service Corps, Graduate Assistant, Belmont String Chamber Orchestra, Nashville Collegiate Orchestra
Texas A&M University - Mays Business School
Supply Chain Management, BBA 2006 - 2010
Activities: Texas A&M University Orchestra, Texas A&M Cello Choir, Phi Eta Sigma, Sigma Alpha Lambda, CSCMP
William P. Clements High School
Texas Scholar, Academic Excellence
Activities: Orchestra, Spanish National Honor Society, Yes Program
I played the cello in the Texas A&M University Orchestra from 2007-2010 and in the Texas A&M University Cello Choir from 2008-2010. Some videos from the performances are below.